Thursday, January 30, 2014
Speed Knitting Competition at the Ilgallenics
In conjunction with the Sochi 2014 Olympics, I am announcing the Ilgallenics Speed Knitting Competition.
Choose a project and choose a country to represent. It doesn’t have to be your own. Then register as a contestant. You can register at the Ilga Leja Fans Group on Ravelry or by e-mailing me at email@example.com.
Contestants are invited to enter this category by agreeing to the following:
1. Choose an Ilga Leja pattern.
2. To keep things fair, the pattern must require at least 350 m./383 yds. of yarn to complete.
3. Begin the project no sooner than the beginning of the Opening Ceremony of the Sochi 2014 Olympics, Friday, 07 February 2014--8:00 PM Moscow Standard Time (which translates to 8:00 AM Pacific Time, 11:00 AM Eastern Time).
4. Complete the project by the finish of the Closing Ceremony on Sunday, 23 February 2014.
5. A photo of the finished project to be posted to the Ilga Leja Fans Group on Ravelry. Or you can e-mail a photo directly to me (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is not necessary that the piece be blocked.
There will be medals awarded: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Winners will be chosen by random selection and will receive a yarn kit, complete with yarn and pattern.
To be eligible for one of the medals, you have to submit a photo of your completed project. Obviously the honour system will be used for that.
You have a large number of designs to choose from. Any Ilga Leja pattern qualifies.